Partition Suits

Find help dividing property.

Virginia law provides two main ways to divide (partition) property: it can be divided “in kind” or by sale. An in-kind division is possible where there are separate tracts of land for each owner to retain. Alternatively, a property can be partitioned by sale. This occurs when the property can be sold by court order and the proceeds are divided. Our firm can assist with both options and provide advice about how to best create the results for yourself and your family.

    Contact us for more information.



    Main Office
    66 South Court Square
    Harrisonburg VA 22801

    (540) 437-9400

    Practice Areas